Wednesday, February 2, 2011

side-kick and pupper-dog

I live with my boyfriend, Gerard, and a big silly dog named Ajax.  I thought I'd introduce them right away because they will be mentioned a LOT here. 

Take note of the face he's making.  I think this is the "please put your camera away and drink your tasty drink, we're on vacation" face.  

Gerard is my best friend and definitely the right brain to my left, or left to my right...whichever.  He's good at math and I like art.  We clicked over our mutual obsession with health and fitness (sounds dorky, but it's true).  The first time I can remember speaking to him was at the gym.  I had just gotten back from a 2 mile run (jog, struggle, whatever) with a 20lb weighted vest and was a sweaty mess, gasping for air when he walked up and asked me what I was doing.  Of course, my response was something like, "um...working out."  (DUH).  I didn't know if he was making fun of me or really didn't know what I was doing.  Either way, I thought it was a weird thing to say.  After meeting on a few other occasions (through gym related events) we started working out together and you can figure out the rest.

I remember visiting him once when he lived downtown and one of his neighbors made the comment, "Gerard doesn't eat anything but tuna fish and hard boiled eggs."  It made me laugh because we were both on the same "diet".  Yes, we're a little strange, but I think it's pretty cool we found someone to be our strange selves with.  I could list our mutual interests until I ran out of blog space.  It's kind of ridiculous and wonderful.  We collaborate on a health and fitness blog as well.  Check us out.


Ajax is our dog.  Well, he's Gerard's dog but I like to call him our dog.  He's 70ish pounds of 2-year-old black german shepherd, and is probably the biggest baby I've ever met.  He's more reliable than any alarm clock, waking me up every morning at 6am, more affectionate than any child, and the absolute best at losing tennis balls at the park, howling at fire trucks, and digging up the back yard.  He has a pretty great face too.

No comments:

Post a Comment